Feast on The First Prey 2 Details
A NeoGAF poster brings us the first details on Human Head’s Prey 2. The info comes from gaming rag Game Reactor which features the long in development sci-fi shooter as its cover story for the month.
The main character is sheriff/prison guard, Killian Samuels. The games lead platform is the Xbox 360 and the main inspiration for the gameplay is–what’s sure to be a surprise to many–DICE’s Mirror’s Edge. Catch the details in full below (courtesy of NeoGAF user Manager):
- Main character is Killian Samuels, sheriff and prison guard.
- Been in development for 3 years
- X360 main platform, PC and PS3 versions in development (as announced)
- Pretty nice graphics overall (not jaw-dropping but good), graphics style a mix of Bioshock and Mass Effect
- “Heavily inspired by Mirror’s Edge, but also Mass Effect, Riddick and Blade Runner” – Producer
- Use the surroundings, big areas where you can sneak up on enemies using the shadows
- No multiplayer, 3D, Kinect or Move
- As said in the PR, 2012 release date
- Tommy/Intro spoiler:First level is basically the beginning of Prey, but instead of controlling Tommy you control Killian.
- Human head: “If the first Prey was the Luke Sywalker version of the story, Prey 2 is Bobba Fett’s story”.
- The project has been restarted several times
- Open game structure. “Go wherever you want, talk to whoever you want, do the missions you want”.
- GR: “Killian as flexible and limber as Faith of ME, leaping over hights, hanging by arms from pipes, balancing on thin boards and jumping like a cat upwards structures”
- GR: “An enhanced Killzone esque cover system, battles looks so flexible, brings your thoughts back to Vanquish”
- Parkour moments when being chased by enemies
- Money can be used to upgrade your armor, weapons, but also abilities, example to make enemies hover in the air
- Human Head: “Every area is comparable to Assassin’s Creed 2″, whatever that means. Planet is Exodus. Desert levels, big cities, “in the wilds”, cave areas
- GR: “It has the moving scheme from Mirror’s Edge, the freedom of Mass Effect and the fire fights of Killzone 2″ (writer loved Prey 1)
- Different kinds of ammo, weapons can be customized/rebuilt
- Producer: “Who would pick the MP mode of Prey 2 ahead of the one in for example Halo Reach? We’d rather to a really good SP adventure”
- There will be DLC
- There will be vag portals, but fewer on them and “with different looks”
- GR: Loot system “similar to the one of Boarderlands”
Prey 2 is being published by Bethesda Softworks who bought the rights to franchise from their previous holder 2k Games in 2008. It’s currently set for an unspecified release sometime in 2012 for the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC. For more info check out the link above to NeoGAF.